Thursday, January 18, 2018

A 50 by 50 update and more

 
 
I saw this Meme on Facebook and just had to share it here.
At the beginning of January I have increased my efforts to not only lose the 2-4 pounds I gained over the holidays but was hoping to be able to get back on track to losing the 50 pounds by the time I turn 50. Although I have been really working hard, I am mostly just showing 2 pounds down.
 
Last week I pulled out an exercise DVD that I have had for quite some time. When I first got it I tried to work out with it but it was a bit challenging and so I had put it away. Last week I was determined to work through it. It has 3 cardio workouts and 2 weight workouts. I was able to do them all. It was a bit challenging - but I think it was very good for me. I think that sometimes we need to mix it up.
 
I also pulled my Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone. And I have been working out with her. What I noticed today was that what she basically was doing was like circuit training. I have heard different trainers talk about pushing yourself for a bit and then a bit of a lower impact - then increase it again. And that doing it that way is really a good idea. And as I worked out with Leslie this morning - I noticed that is how I felt - is that I pushed for a bit then less intensity and then pushing it again.
 
I believe that all of my efforts are working positive changes to me - whether I see them or not. Just because it does not seem like any changes are happening - will not discourage me. I have been on this journey for 1 1/2 years now and I am not giving up.
 
I believe one of the best ways to be successful in achieving what we desire is to write out our goals and also to look at what we can do in order to be successful.
 
I know that for me - the past 6 months or so of not seeing changes or weight loss - in the past would have discouraged me and I would have given up. But this time - this time I have a goal. I sat down and I wrote out a goal and a plan and I gave myself plenty of time. It is not a plan or do a certain thing till I lose the weight and then its back to doing what ever I want. If I want to lose this weight and keep it off I will have to continue the rest of my life.

If you have desires to reach certain goals. Why don't you sit down and write out what you want to achieve. And write out some ideas of what you can do to reach your goals. Make your goals reasonable. And ask God to help you achieve your goals. :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)