Saturday, June 24, 2017

Beloved Names of God...series..Star out of Jacob

Star out of Jacob

"I shall see him, but not now. I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smile the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth."
Numbers 24:17 KJV
 
  • Name of God the Son
  • Jesus is referred to as the "Star out of Jacob" once in the KJV.
  • The Star out of Jacob symbolizes a descendant of Jacob who will outshine all the rest.
  • Speaking under the influence of the Holy Spirit, Balaam tells King Balak he has had his eyes opened by God, and he can now see what will ultimately come from the Israelites--the people the kind now opposes.
 
"I shall behold him, but not nigh" (Numbers 24:17 KJV). Balaam lived about seven hundred years before Christ, but he knew he would see the Messiah- just not in his lifetime.
 
Many People believe that the Lord was coming long before He actually arrived. Some suffered and died for that belief. Now that is real faith!
 
How much stronger should our faith be, knowing that these ancient prophecies came true? We know Jesus arrived- and one day He will return!
 
***************************************************
For the Month of July we will be doing a series about Brain Health -so I will probably suspend most series I have been doing. I just don't know if I will have time to keep up with them. So the next part of this series will probably be August 5th and the name we will be looking at is "Abba." 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)