Tuesday, June 13, 2017

God's Provisions

Losing weight and changing sizes can cause a dilemma. The clothes that you once wore nicely become too big causing you to need a new wardrobe. This can be expensive. Lucky for me, I have had some things packed away that were a size or two and even small amount of things even smaller.

Over the last couple of years I have gone through the clothes that I have saved and gotten rid of things that I didn't think would work even if I lost weight. Aging and menopause can cause changes to the body- which changes the way things fit. Plus there is also the fact that over the years I have finally figured out my style and what I really enjoy wearing and what I don't. Thankfully I ended up with something that have helped this transition from my starting size to where I am hoping to end up. This has been a real blessing, but not the only blessing.

In a town nearby, I have access to a consignment store which allows me to make some money from any clothes that do not work for me any more. They keep the items for a full 2 months and at the end I have the option of allowing them to donate the things that do not sell or I can pick them up. This has really helped me replenish my wardrobe, giving me a little extra money. I am so thankful for the ability to do this.

In the past I have found people bless by giving them the clothes I no longer wore. In fact up until the beginning of April I gave quite a lot of clothes to several of my friends. To the point that they are probably glad to have a break from getting clothes - you know with the clothes they already had plus a lot more- might equal too many clothes.

I am so grateful that God gave me the wisdom to hold onto the things I did. I had truly came to the place of thinking I'd never be able to lose weight and get down into the smaller sizes. Not only does your body change after menopause, but it also gets harder to lose weight. I am also grateful that God has made provisions for me to be able to sell some clothes to help replenish my wardrobe.

These are just a few blessings that I notice in my life.

**Be sure to keep your eyes open for the blessings in your life.**
 
**You don't want to miss out on the joy that comes from being thankful!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking