Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Prayers- Devotional and Requests

Last week I was reminded of the fact that no matter how busy I may be - I need to take time with God. Prayer and Bible study prepares us for what is to come throughout the day.

And especially right now when my Husband seems to be in the middle of a storm. Please- if you would - please keep him in your prayers and also me - because as you all know when your husband is struggling with something - it over flows onto the wife. And I don't like to see him hurt and frustrated - he has enough to deal with - without this added stress on top of very things else.

Hope you all have a great day. Oh and I have a dental appointment in just a couple hours - I would love prayers for that as well.

Oh yeah - this devotional comes from my "Streams in the Desert" devotional!
*****************************************
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation (Matthew 26:41).

Go not, my friend, into the dangerous world without prayer. You kneel down at night to pray, drowsiness weighs down your eyelids; a hard day’s work is a kind of excuse, and you shorten your prayer, and resign yourself softly to repose. The morning breaks; and it may be you rise late, and so your early devotions are not done, or are done with irregular haste.

No watching unto prayer! Wakefulness once more omitted; and now is that reparable?
We solemnly believe not.

There has been that done which cannot be undone. You have given up your prayer, and you will suffer for it
.
Temptation is before you, and you are not ready to meet it. There is a guilty feeling on the soul, and you linger at a distance from God. It is no marvel if that day in which you suffer drowsiness to interfere with prayer be a day in which you shrink from duty.

Moments of prayer intruded on by sloth cannot be made up. We may get experience, but we cannot get back the rich freshness and strength which were wrapped up in those moments.
-–Frederick W. Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2