Monday, December 29, 2014

This and That and Catching Up

I think today's post will be a this and that kind of a day- because I have a lot of thoughts running through my head and so we will just have to see where this post goes.

First of all- I am still sick - and it has not gotten better- in fact, I have probably gotten worse. So I called my Dr today and thankfully they are going to be able to get me in today. I have not mentioned it on Facebook - because I am seriously thinking that some of my friends might be getting tired of hearing about all my problems. It seems over the last 6 months I have lost a couple of friends and I am not quite sure what happened- I just know that the number of my friends has gone down from what it was. I am hoping that I did not offend anyone, because that is never my intentions on what I put on Facebook. Anyway I am thankful for all of you and all of my friends on Facebook that have put up with so many posting for prayers and such. You all mean so much to me.

Over the last 4 days- 3 people that I know have died- these are not people that are close to me- thankfully. But I still feel so sorry for the families. Two of these that died were men in their 40's. And then a lady in her 50's I think- she was an owner of a place that we like to eat at in a town nearby- and it was a sudden death- so shocking to those around her. It is just so sad. It reminds us that our time here on earth is short and we don't need to be putting things off. We need to love those around us. We need to make sure that we are right with the Lord. And place a relationship with Him as a priority.

Our SweetPea had to go back to her Momma yesterday at noon. So we got to see her for a bout 30 minutes on Sunday. It will be close to 3 weeks before we get to see her again. My husband and SweetPea both have birthday's during that 3 week period. Thankfully at least my son will get to see his daughter for 2 hours on her birthday. We will be planning a party for her - for the week end we get her in 3 weeks.

After having her all week - it sure is hard to have her gone. I really enjoy my time with her. It was a bit draining sometimes - with not only taking care of her but all the extras that the holidays bring- and with me struggling with being sick. But we made it through.

Sunday after she went back home my husband and I worked on getting the house back in order. Thankfully my husband took down the tree -his village and the lights and all. And I worked more on organizing the play room. Going through toys and packing up some of the baby toys to make more room for the things she plays with. And also worked on the rest of the house - since when a child is around toys seem to be all around the house. I have a lot more to do -but need to just do what I can as I can and hopefully once I am well I will feel up to getting more of the things done.

I know a lot of people wait until New Year's area to take down their Christmas stuff - but I just really like taking it down and working on getting the house back in order sooner than that. That way when the New Year gets here we can focus more on the New Year. Our house is not very big so we have to move things around to make room for the Christmas stuff- and actually this year our Christmas stuff was out and up for the shortest amount of time. Usually we try to get the stuff put up the day after Thanksgiving but we did not get that done this year. It feels really good to have that stuff taken care of - we still need to get the stuff up in the attic but I can't lift anything over 10 pounds so I am useless when it comes to helping my husband get the stuff up there - so we will wait till one of our sons comes by and has time to help. But at least the stuff is mostly packed up(washing the Christmas table cloth this morning) and out in the garage.

Well there you have it - a lot of this and that. Anyway this at least catches you up on what is going on around here. I hope you all are doing well. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you Lisa - hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to know that you can always post about your true feelings. What is a blog for if we can't be real?? People who truly love like Jesus instructs want to know how you are so we can fully pray for you. You are a treasure and I hope you know that!

    We take down our Christmas stuff before New Years too. In fact, after I get back from the grocery store we will get busy, busy, busy!

    Praying for your health and strength. Praying for answers at the doctor today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of everything you've been dealing with this past week. I wish I could give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories