Thursday, December 25, 2014

Traditions

So this year we started a new tradition. This "The Christmas Story" was given to our oldest son by his great-grandmother- Granny Lollypop for Christmas years ago. And this year we decided to read it and let SweetPea play with this nativity set before we opened presents.
 
I think that it makes it extra special that there is a special history behind this book.
 
Traditions help make the holidays even more special.
 
This year because of finances we were not able to follow through on all of our traditions- like the tradition of us buying each of our kids their own Christmas ornaments. This is a great tradition - because when they move out- they have ornaments to hang on their own tree.
Another new tradition for this year was to have Mexican for lunch. I had made up a pan of cheese enchilada and a pan of chicken enchilada the day or two before - and so today we just have to bake them up and make up a few sides. We also used the left over corn tortillas - and my husband made up tortilla chips with them and we had a great thing of guacamole for that. It made for a fairly easy get together - without a lot of fuss.

Anyway we are hoping that next year we can think of even more traditions.
 
I am curious - what are some of your Christmas traditions- that make it extra special for your family?


Merry Christmas to you all - I hope you have all had a wonderful day.
And that you have remembered the reason for the season.
Without the birth of our Lord and Saviour- We would not have the hope that we have.

    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16




2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of good food! I like your traditions, my husband and I are still trying to come up with traditions of our own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your Sweet Pea is able to play with and learn from something that was your son's. That warms my heart!! Your traditions are wonderful and my mouth is now watering for Mexican food! :)

    We draw names in our family and then open those gifts on Christmas Eve. I love watching our kids open gifts from each other because the older they get, the sillier and more meaningful the gifts are. We always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" afterwards.

    Sending you hugs and love!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)