Friday, December 5, 2014

I Made It ...Good News....Bad News

Ok - So I just wanted to check in for a bit and let you all know that I made it through my tests without too much discomfort. Of course as any medical test or procedure there was some discomfort but it is all behind me. I got some good news and some not so good news.

First for the good news - No cancer. Praise the Lord!!! I was so thankful to get this news. We had been concerned.

The bad news is that there seems to be a problem with my bladder and I will be having surgery next Thursday. Ugh.... Right now the surgery is set for like 3pm. But I am praying that somehow I can be moved up in the day. I just don't want to wait all day long for a surgery. Would much rather get it done early. So that is my first prayer. My second prayer will be that this surgery will be a success.

So next week will have it's share of medical testing - Tuesday - I have to go for a pre-op appointment to have some blood work done and ekg. And then the surgery on Thursday. I will also need to call and set up an appointment to have my mole removed - probably the next week. Anyway once this year is over - I am hoping that there will be a calm period of hardly any medical stuff- just my visits with the oncologist. That is my wish for the new year.

Anyway so that is what is going on with me. Thanks everyone for the prayers. I would appreciate prayers for my granddaughter as well. She has strep throat and we will not be able to see her this week end after all....it's been a while since we have gotten to see her. :( We should get to see her next week end- hoping I am recovered enough by the week end. I'll just take it one day at a time.

Ok - I am off of here and going to rest and take it easy. Hope you all have a good week end. :)

10 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'm so delighted to hear you are cancer free! I'm sorry to hear you need to have yet another surgery, but I'm glad they have found what is wrong and will be able to correct it. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying and praying for you!! I even woke in the middle of the night thinking of you. Praise God that no cancer was found!!!! I will be praying for the surgery and a medical free 2015! :)
    Lots of love being sent to you and I will be praying for your granddaughter. May she heal quickly and may you get to see her very soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news!
    I am praying for you and for your granddaughter too...I know how hard it is to have to postpone those visits.
    I am writing down your appointment for surgery on Thursday so that I will remember to pray before you go in.
    God has this...He has brought you through so much this year, and since 2014 was a year for his grace to carry us through, then 2015 should be the year for his glory to shine through us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you Lisa. I don't check in very often, but I did today. So glad the cancer is gone, and that Lord willing, you are almost done with medical issues for a while. Blessings from God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust you have grace in the trials; it is always a comfort to know that we are safely in the Lord's hand - and in the Father's hand.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories