Sunday, December 7, 2014

God IS Love

Yesterday I heard just a bit of a sermon and was so touched by what I heard that I wanted to share with you all - just in case you have not thought of it this way.

The pastor was talking about God's love and how it was not just a fuzzy warm feeling - it went much deeper than that. That His love was loyal and faithful. In my life- God's love has always been faithful- I think that I just did not fully understand it until the last year or so. And truthfully I probably still don't totally get it.

There have been times over the last year, especially, when I have questioned God's love for me. I think it is human nature to question the love of God when we are going through tough times. We don't always understand that God allows hurtful things in our lives to teach of things, to sand the rough places off of our character and to help us better understand His love for us. This past year for me has been a tough one. If you understood how much I do not like needles and the poking and prodding- then you would understand the volume of grace, strength and courage that God has provided for me over the last year or so---and will continue to do so through the rest of the things that I have going on this year. Each step of the way He has been faithful to me. Each time I begin to feel panic I turn to the One who provides what I need.

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
 Philippians 4:19
 
Speaking of Philippians 4:19- I used to always think that this verse was basically speaking of our material needs- over the last year - I am learning that when it says ALL it means ALL of our need. And I am truly thankful for this.
 
God is Love and God is Faithful.
If you haven't given Him a chance to show himself faithful- try Him today. You won't be sorry.

    He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
 1 John 4:8
 

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)