Thursday, December 18, 2014

Verses and the Privilege of Prayer

Here is a list of some great verses that a sweet reader shared with me in response to yesterday's post. I wanted to share them with you all here today.
 
The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works.   
Psalm 145:9
 
    that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.   
Matthew 5:45
 
    But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
Luke 6:35
 
Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness."
Acts 14:17
****************************************************************************
Ok - I would like to once again.... yep again..... ask for prayers. This morning at 11am Central time. I will be having my mole removed - its a mole that is on my nose - on the right side - up by my eye. I know that God will come through and keep His promise of Deuteronomy 33:25b "As are your days, so shall your strength be." God will supply the strength and courage needed for me for this appointment. He has been faithful all year long.

I also wanted to share something with you all. This year has been full of me requesting prayers. Earlier this week I was talking with my husband and I told him that I was getting tired of having to ask for prayers and that I thought people were probably getting tired of it. He said no- Lisa your true friends are not tired of it - they appreciate the chance to pray for you. And as I thought I about it I begin to understand what he meant. Then yesterday a friend shared an important prayer request about her son. And as I left a comment - I told her "thank you for allowing us to lift your son and family up in prayer." It is a privilege to be able to lift someone up in prayer. It is a privilege to be able to see God work in wondrous ways! And when you are a part of those praying for someone - and you see the way that God answers - you get to feel like you were apart of that. And that is a privilege. I am thankful that I know people who are willing to share their burdens and allow me to help them carry it to the Cross and allow Jesus to carry it from then on. No one should have to carry their burdens alone.

Please if you have a problem and you feel like you have to carry it alone - don't. You don't have to share what the problem is - but I would sure appreciate it if you would allow me to help - by praying for you. Just leave a comment and let me know that you need prayers. I pray for each of you already - but if you need a special prayer - I would be more than happy to pray for you.

And a BIG thank you to each of you who pray for me. I do appreciate it. Have a great day! :O)

1 comment:

  1. The end of Luke 6:35 makes me think a lot... "For He is kind to the unthankful and evil." How I need to extended kindness even when people appear to be unthankful and evil in my eyes.
    Your husband is right, we appreciate knowing what to pray about for you. It's a part of us sharing our lives with each other. You know my current prayer request, and I'll keep you updated.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking