Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Bless it or Block it

Ok - so here is what is going on with me today: I woke up with some drainage still. I decided to call my Dr's office and see if I could get in to see her. She told me I also needed to call the Dr's office that would be doing the surgery. I did and I let them know what was going on. They told me to call the pre-op place and let them know what was going on and find out what could take to help clear up this drainage.

My Dr does not think that I have anything serious. She is thinking allergies too. The morning that I started feeling drainage was the morning that I went to the pre-op appointment(yesterday) and it was VERY foggy. Seriously foggy- I could not see but about 3-4 car lengths in front of my car during half or more of my drive up to the appointment. So I am thinking that maybe that some how caused me to have this drainage. My Dr prescribed some nasal spray stuff that is suppose to help and I got a medicine - Tussin stuff that I think I was told I can take. I say think- because they were telling me you can take this and you can't take this and I may have gotten confused. I just pray that God will heal me by tomorrow and that I will not have any problems and that I can get through this surgery and get it behind me quickly. I hate the anticipation of having a surgery.

I am thankful that a friend reached out to me- her father has cancer and is probably in his last months of life and it has been very hard on her and her family. And she asked me some questions about going through this cancer journey- and I was able to share with her things that really helped me - verses in the Bible that were of great encouragement. I really needed to use my brain to help her to bring to memory verses that not only helped me in the past but that helped me today. It helped me get the focus off of me.

Now I think I will be turning the computer off for a while - and work on getting a list of things done here at my house. I want to vacuum, sweep, mop, laundry, and clean bathrooms. Things that I will like to come home to being done tomorrow.

Also I am waiting on a phone call that will tell me when my surgery will be for sure tomorrow. I have a tentative scheduled surgery for 3pm- but with cancellations I could get moved up. Like I have said I really hope it can be moved up some. That way I will have more of a chance to recover and be able to come home after the surgery. I was told yesterday to bring with me some of the basics I would want if I had to spend the night - just in case. So I will work on a list of that stuff as well this afternoon- so that tomorrow I will not have to feel any stress about gathering a bag together.

I will try to get on here and post an updated time for my surgery once I find out more. Please continue to pray for me that my nose will clear up and that I will feel much better tomorrow and that the surgery can go on as planned. Unless it is not God's will. So basically I am praying that God will bless it or block it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, You are certainly in my prayers. I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2