Sunday, August 4, 2013

Two Whole Weeks

 
Hello lovely people~ it looks like now I will have ALOT more time on my hands and should get back to more regular postings. Scott took SweetPea back to her Momma this evening- it will be 2 weeks before we get to see her again. And boy does that sound like a LONG time. As I shared in my post about divorce and the effects of it years later- well I am still dealing with some of those old emotions. All the love I feel in my heart for my granddaughter and it is hard for me to imagine that not all grandparents feel that for their grandchildren, but I had a conversation with my Mother and come to find out - it seems that my parents had a chance to get a job near my grandparents(her inlaws) and they did what they could to mess those chances up, apparently they did not want us to live nearby. So sad, and to think that for a while I had felt bad for them not being able to be near their grandchildren(me and my sister) but come to find out - the did not want us nearby. It's a little disappointing to say the least. But hey- really and truly what difference does that make now? They really missed out on getting to know me (and my sister) and the who we turned out to be. Really it is their loss. I would have loved to have had the chance to get to know them better - to know what their favorite things were - their dreams and hopes. I would have loved to have shared those things with them but it's too late. My grandmother passed a few years ago and my grandfather, although he is still alive has dementia. So now I focus on what my husband and I have focused on - being the best Grandparents we can be. Giving our children and grandchildren love and acceptance. That is truly the most important thing we can do. And that is to love. 
 
Tomorrow my husband will go to the dr for his 2 week check up since his surgery. Speaking of that, I am so glad that he is home - I think it will help me to deal with the quiet house we will have now. No more "Ok Gammie" and that is hard. There is so much around here that reminds me of her and I miss her so. And I pray that she is safe. I did share last week about them moving to an apartment- just the two of them. Goodness- and a couple of the reviews that my son read on the apartments scare me. I have to put my trust in Jesus Christ and that He will watch over my sweet granddaughter and keep her safe.
 
My post for tomorrow might be a little late - Once SweetPea left - I had to work on cleaning the house and just have not had time to get it written up. And thought that typing out this post might be therapeutic for me- and better for me. Hope you are all doing well. :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking