Friday, August 9, 2013

Drawing Nigh to God....series

Drawing Nigh to God

 
by
Minnie E. Dauphinee
 

Divinely Guided ...By a Still Small Voice

 
 
"This is the way, walk ye in it."- Isaiah 30:21
 
One day James Madison, then President of the United States, received an anonymous letter with which was enclosed a five-dollar bill. The writer stated that he had cheated the Government of tax to this amount. Not knowing what else to do with the money, the President directed an account be opened called the Conscience Fund. Prompted by a "still small voice," income tax evaders still add to this fun year by year.
 
God is desirous of saving every individual. For this reason He sends His personal representative, the Holy Spirit, to point out sin. "When ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left," says the prophet Isaiah, "thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it." Should we repeatedly disregard the voice that speaks to our hearts, our conscience would become less sensitive, and the voice less distinct. One who disregards the alarm clock for several successive mornings soon reaches the point where he can sleep on without hearing it, even though it may continue to ring as loudly as ever. The conscience is God's alarm clock. The Christian must have an ear that hears the faintest whisper of God.
 
"A faithful warming like a tuneful bell,
Speaks tenderly within my wayward heart,
And, listening, I seem to hear it tell
Me, cautiously to choose the better part. 
 
"Sometimes, to halt my steps, it lifts a hand;
Or, oft, it swings a gate across my way
And urges me to think, to understand,
To hesitate before I go astray.
 
"At times it is a gentle, pressing strain
That seeks to guide my hesitating quest,
Or, in a tender voice that doth restrain,
Erects a barricade within my breast.
 
"The longing of desire I would possess
That feels impressions of the kindly lure,
And heeds the warning in a consciousness
Of sweet assurance and a peace secure."
~George Clarence Hoskin

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)