Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It is Worth it (again)

Working on a project and came across this post- thought it was worth reposting it. I hope it blesses someone! :O)




Job had surrendered his life to Jesus.

Satan accused him of only following God because of the blessings that God had blessed him with.
God said, "Behold all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person."

Satan unleashed all sorts of havoc in Jobs life. His oxen and camel were stolen, his servants killed, his sheep burnt and he lost all 10 of his children - ALL in one day.

Job was sad and was discouraged. He could not understand why all of this was happening to him. He even questioned God. But he held true to God.

"But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall
come forth as gold."
Job 23:10

Satan is still at work today. He is still trying to convince people that it is not worth it to surrender your life to Jesus and to live for Him.

Oh - but I forgot to share an important part of this story with you all - " Now the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning: for he had 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys. 13. He also had 7 sons and 3 daughter. .... After this Job lived 14o years, and saw his children and his grandchildren for 4 generations."
Job 42:12-13,16

How amazing is that?!

When you are struggling through trials and temptations, just remember, "Be still, and know that I am God;" Psalms 46:10a

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:1-3

We may go through trials and temptations but we have Hope.

"He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved." Psalms 62:6

Anyway I will get off of my soap box- I just don't want people to be fooled - Satan likes to use a little error with a lot of truth -that way he can fool people. Study your Bibles for yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern truth. May you be blessed as you study the Word of God! :O)

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)