Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sharing- and Soliciting Advice

My husband took his camera to church one Sabbath and took photos of each of the children in SweetPea's Sabbath School class. They will be used in the Sabbath School program. Anyway we got an extra photo of our SweetPea so her Daddy could have a photo of it(we want to get another copy for our house too- but did not think of it when having the photos made).
 
  Then I lucked out and found an awesome pink picture frame for only $2.00. We put photo's of each of our family members holding SweetPea at the hospital into the frame and have this in SweetPea's bedroom at her Daddy's house.
 

I wanted to also share something else with you all today. One of the reasons why I enjoy my husband going to the thrift store is because sometimes he finds cool stuff that I would totally over look. Well last week when we stopped by a small thrift store - my husband found 2 pink curtains. The way they were - made me have a hard time figuring out how they were suppose to work. Well we bought them - for $1.00 a piece. And once we had them home- it did not take my husband long to figure out that they are curtains that you use two curtain rods- well we did not want the hassle of having to get two curtain rods - so I took the curtains and I sewed a seam in them - that made them the way they were suppose to be without having to use two rods. We bought the curtain rod and some pull backs - and of course that is where the $$ came in. But that too was find since there were curtains for our SweetPeas room.
When my son and his wife moved into this house - his mother in law talked about getting curtains for her room or making some- so we did not worry about it. We did not want to step on any toes so we did not get any - even though quite a long time had gone by and still no curtains. So we were very happy when we found these curtains for such a great price. Made it possible to put extra money towards a great rod and pull backs.
Anyway that's just a bit of what we have been up to.
 
And I can't forget about What a Promise - it will be posted in a bit. Sorry - I am doing better now and should get back to posting a bit more regular. Hope you all are doing good.
*******************************
Oh by the way, we have never owned inside birds - so if any of you have any suggestions or advice - I would LOVE to hear it. Thanks :O)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful curtains, and love the quilt as well! You have made that room very pretty and homey for a well loved little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)