Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Tall, Tall Order...

   Love:



  •  suffers long and is kind
  •  love does not envy
  •  love does not parade itself
  •  is not puffed up
  • 5 does not behave rudely
  • does not seek its own
  • is not provoked
  • thinks no evil
  • 6 does not rejoice in iniquity
  • but rejoices in the truth
  • 7 bears all things
  • believes all things
  • hopes all things
  • endures all things.
  • 8 Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

In my Andrews Study Bible I found a little tidbit that I wanted to share with you all today.
For verse 7 -it says "Describes how Jesus deals with us, to love means to see past the present failing of a person to what he or she shall be as God's new creation."  Isn't that encouraging?

What it means to love is a tall, tall order. In fact, in our own strength we could not love in the way that God would have us to love. But with God - all things are possible. In my life there are people that are hard to love. And I have to pray and ask God to love them through me - because I can not do it on my own. One thing that has made it a little easier to love those we find hard to love is to pray or them. There is something about praying for them that softens your heart for them- God working in us.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)