Tuesday, August 27, 2013

How Long?

Have you been praying and praying and not seeing an answer to your prayers? Well you are not alone. In fact, You are in good company.

When reading the psalms we find many times when David crys out to God asking him "how long?"

Psalms 6:3 is the first time that it really stood out to me.

"My soul also is greatly troubled; But You, O Lord--how long?"

Can you hear his frustration because God has not answered him yet? I can sure relate to the frustration of praying and praying and not really seeing answers to my prayers.

But God tells us to be still and to wait:

Be still, and know that I am God
Psalms 46:10a
 
    Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!   
Psalms 27:14 


Having patience and waiting on the Lord is hard to do - but it is in the waiting that our faith and trust in God are not only tested, but made stronger.

    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.   
 Romans 8:18

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
 Romans 8:28

God uses these trials and times of waiting in order to refine our characters. To work that which could not otherwise be worked out in us.

    For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,  18  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
 
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!"
Lamentations 3:22-24
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these encouraging promises! I am sort of at the end of one of those waiting times in my life, and looking back over the last few months, I can see how God was doing all those things His word said He would.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories