Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gratitude...a lost art

My son had his daughter this week-end. It was good week end. We really enjoyed our time with SweetPea. We sure do miss her when her Daddy taken her back to her Momma. It will be two weeks before we see her again. It sure is hard on all of us.

Another things that is hard is that we(my husband and I) have tried to go beyond expectations and be nice to our now ex-daughter in law. And she does not seem to appreciate it at all. We had professional photos taken of SweetPea and her daddy- and we bought a small package of photos of just SweetPea - anyway we mailed some photos -to our ex daughter in law, Lauri and some for her to give to her parents and we did not even get a thank- you. This week end my husband and I bought a big package of Dora the Explorer underwear, socks, electric toothbrush, and toothpaste and sent them along with 3 outfits and a pair of tennis shoes so that Lauri would have more things for SweetPea - did Lauri say thank you or even act like she was grateful.....no. It probably would not surprise me so much if the situation was the as it were...

Many of you know that Lauri or her mother - or as co conspirators called CPS and put in false allegations against my husband. After a few months investigation - CPS - totally cleared my husband of any guilt. None of us were surprised. It was stupid accusations in the first place. We were only getting to see SweetPea for 8 1/2 hours a week during the time period in which these allegations were made and it was usually at least 3 of us not including SweetPea here all the time. Anyway these allegations - made it where we were not able to see SweetPea for 6 - 7 months. Well actually CPS never did say that she could not be around us but Lauri would not allow our son or us to see her during this time period. We missed SO many things Thanksgiving, Christmas, Her Birthday to name a few. Anyway even after her/them putting us through such a difficult time - my husband (and the rest of us-but the allegations really cut him to the core) have tried to rise above the viciousness that was unleashed against us - and have tried to do the right things - which is to respect our SweetPea's Mother and to get along. And try to be nice and Christian like-but it does not seem to be appreciated. But at least we know we are doing the right thing by our Granddaughter - she deserves that.

Anyway - it has got me thinking - our whole world seems to have a real lack in the area of gratitude. People are not thankful..as they should be..for so many blessings that our Heavenly Father has bestowed on us.

I am SO grateful for so many things. Life is hard but God is always there - and I am grateful. And there are so many thins around us in which we can be thankful for.

I am so thankful for the people that I have had the chance to get to know who truly have a spirit of gratitude. It has helped me realize the importance of being grateful..even for the little things.

Well I am super tired so I better close for now. I just wanted to touch base with you lovely people. I am so grateful that you take the time to stop by my small corner of the world. May God bless you in a special way today and everyday. :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision