Friday, August 30, 2013

The Choice is Really Yours

I have shared these Health Laws before, but because of a WHOLE lot of added stress over the last two years or so - I had kind of fallen off the wagon- ok really fell off the wagon. Anyway - I am now taking steps to get back on the wagon and take better care of me. It really comes down to the choices that we make. You have the choice to take care of yourself- or do what ever  you want. I am taking that choice back and am doing what I can to live a more healthy lifestyle.

The Eight Health Laws:

1. Eat a healthy diet of nutritious food. Try to get plenty of fruits and veggies and eat at least some raw fruits and veggies each day. (I like to say that I eat a plant based diet)


2. Exercise adequately - at least 30 minutes - 1 hour everyday -if you can not exercise this much at one time split it up into 3 sections of time of 10 minutes at a time. Something IS better than nothing.


3. Rest properly. (7-8 hours of sleep is ideal) (Trying to get to bed by 10:00pm)


4. Try to get at least a little sunshine each day - when the sun is out.


5. Drink at least 8 glasses - or more of water each day.. sodas and coffee are actually a diuretic - which means they can not be included in the 8 glasses.


6. Get plenty of fresh air every day.


7. Live a balanced life


8. Trust in God. Good Spiritual health really does contribute to good physical health.


When I follow these guidelines, I feel better, I am happier and I have a better outlook on life. So even though my carnal self - keeps fighting against doing the things that keep me healthier - I am choosing to claim these verses below:


"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit in you, whom you have of God? And you are not your own,
20 for you are bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:19 - 20


My body is the temple of God and my desire is to glorify God. And the way that I can do so -is to follow the 8 principles above.

So now my part is to continue to ask God lead me and to give me the strength to make the right choices. And when I fail - not to give up but to get up and try again.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories