Friday, August 30, 2013

Drawing Nigh to God....series


Drawing Nigh to God

by
Minnie E. Dauphinee
 

Eternal Life for You.....Forgiven and Forgotten

 
"I will be merciful to their righteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." -Hebrews 8:12
 
"I can imagine when Christ said to the little band of disciples around Him, 'Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel,' that Peter said, 'Lord, do you really mean that we re to go back to Jerusalem and preach the gospel to those that murdered you?'
 
" 'Yes,' said Christ, 'go hunt up that man who spat in My face; tell him he may have a seat in My kingdom. Yes, Peter, go find the man who made the cruel crown of thorns and placed it on My brow, and tell him I will have a crown for him, and there will be no thorn in it. Hunt up the man who took the reed and brought it down over the cruel thorns, driving them into my brow, and tell him I will put a scepter in his  hand and he shall be a king and reign on the earth, if he will accept My salvation. Search for the man who drove the spear into My side and tell him that there is a nearer way to My heart. Tell him that I forgive him freely and that he can be saved.' "
 
That is but a faint portrayal of the attitude of our Saviour towards sinners. Listen to His words recorded in Hosea 11:8;
 
"How shall I give thee up, Ephraim?
how shall I deliver thee, Israel?...
Mine heart is turned within me, my repenting are kindled together."
 
Read the story of Peter's fall and restoration. It was the look of loving forgiveness expressed in the countenance of Jesus that broke Peter's heart. In the parable of the prodigal son the father does not remind him of his sin. Instead the son is made to know that the past is forgiven and forgotten. And so our Father in heaven forgives all who lay their sins upon Jesus, and says, "Their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more," How can we help but love Him?
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision