Monday, August 19, 2013

God Will Not Leave or Forsake You



5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.   
Joshua 1:5 NKJV
 
for this verse I really like the KJV better:
 
5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.   
Joshua 1:5 KJV
 
This verse really stood out to me in some studying I was doing, so I decided to check it out more by getting my Bible Commentary out. I found some real gems as I looked.
 
First of all for the phrase: "Stand before you" - here is what the Bible Commentary said:
"Literally, "set himself up against thee," that is, "successfully oppose thee."
 
"Fail thee" "Literally, "slacken the hand from thee," that is, "not give thee up." I really like that. There is truly a battle going on for each of our souls and I am so very thankful that when we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ, He has promised never to forsake us. We may forsake Him, but He will never forsake us.
 
Another gem I found:
"God here promises that He would not get them into a situation and then leave them there. He would see them through to the end. The same holds true for Christians."
 
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo , I am with you alway , even unto the end of the world. Amen.  
  Matt. 28:20
 
I was going to use this for my What a promise post but I just have a feeling that someone might need it before then. So remember sometimes God allows tough situations to come into our live but as He uses those tough times to mold us more into His image IF we will allow Him to do so. If He brings us to IT - He will get us through IT. Praise God! :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)