Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just a Bit of My Testimony

Yes - I remember that I just posted this quotes just 2 days ago. But I wanted to have them here again because I wanted to share personally why these quotes really speak to me.

"The trials of life are God's workmen, to remove the impurities and roughness from our character. Their hewing, squaring, and chiseling, their burnishing and polishing, is a painful process; it is hard to be pressed down to the grinding wheel. But the stone is brought forth prepared to fill its place in the heavenly temple. Upon no useless material does the Master bestow such careful, thorough work. Only His precious stones are polished after the similitude of a palace."

"If received in faith, the trial that seems so bitter and hard to bear will prove a blessing."

both quotes are from Thoughts From The Mount Of Blessings pg 10


As some of you know several years ago at the age of 39 my husband was diagnosed with early on-set Parkinson's. This was devastating news. I really don't think that people fully understand the implications when people get this disease at such a young age. Most people are much older, yesterday we found out of a 59 year old man who was diagnosed.

After my husband was diagnosed we went to a symposium about Parkinson's. And as we sat in this auditorium - we were by far the youngest people there, talk about sticking out like a sore thumb.

I went through a time period of overwhelming emotions as I first dealt with this diagnoses. It was a very hard time. It seemed as if the sun was gone and it was just gloomy around me. But something really wonderful came of all of this. I clung to Jesus. There was nothing in my power that I could do to change any of this- I was powerless and in my powerless - I let go. And when I let go - I was able to hold more tightly to Jesus Christ. I spent more time in the Word of God and on my knees. As I spent more time seeking Him - the Son began to shine in my life again. The sad times came less and less and I began to learn to trust my Heavenly Father. And I learned that "He would supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

So when I read the above quotes yesterday morning- they really spoke to me. And I wanted to share them because I know a lot of people who are going through some really hard times right now- some of which read my blog- so I wanted to share these quotes, hoping that these quotes would be a blessing to others as well.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Many years ago, when I believed this verse to mean - that everything will turn out good. Well it does not work that way exactly. I have come to realize that it means that thing will work out for our eternal good. And that is what truly matters in the end.

So if you are going through rough times - remember that Jesus is there to carry you through - He will supply your needs - just ask. :o)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful testimony, Lisa. It carries so much weight with it as well, because this is something that you have EXPERIENCED, not only just read in a book. You have EXPERIENCED having to depend on God in times of trial, and now can tell about how He carried you through and continues to carry you.

    I am so very sorry for you and Jason having to go through this dark valley. But so thankful that you have a Savior to walk through with you. Some day, this earth will be made new and there will be no more trials like this. Rev. 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." I can't wait for this day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!