Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pyramid Schemes are a Counterfeit To....

Lately several people I know have gotten involved in pyramid schemes. And something that I noticed is that when they did - their entire attention was focused on making money. I have a very good friend who got involved in one- I don't think she realized that it was one when she signed up. Pyramid schemes sell themselves by telling you -that you will have your own business.

Well my friend had been very involved with ministry before she became involved with this company. Then she joined this company and paid her money to get started. Then she had to get t 10 people to buy into this product -all the while the proceeds of these 10 people went to the person who brought her into this company. Well she soon learned the reality of it all - once you get these 10 people on board, you have about exhausted your resources of people so it actually ends up costing you money rather than earning you money. Well my friend was very wise and she got out. Her focus is back on her ministry and what she can do for God.

Since several people I know have gotten involved in these pyramid schemes, I have given a lot of thought to the idea of making money at other people's expense. And how this just has to be wrong. Well this morning during my devotional time, I came across a paragraph that was talking about this Bible verse:

19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

"And at the final day, when the wealth of earth shall perish, he who has laid up treasure in heaven will behold that which his life has gained. If we have given heed to the words of Christ, then, as we gather around the great white throne, we shall see souls who have been saved through our agency, and shall know that one has saved others, and these still others - a large company brought into the haven of rest as the result of our labors, there to lay their crowns at Jesus' feet, and praise Him through the ceaseless ages of eternity." MB 90

And it dawned on me- pyramid scheme's are the counterfeit to what God really wants our focus to be -winning souls for the Kingdom of God.

I don't know about you, but the only pyramid that I want to be a part of is the one that is involved in bring people to Jesus.


"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God." Colossians 3:1

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts! That is the pyramid scheme that I want to be involved with too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories