Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! :O)

I am writing this on Thanksgiving Eve. Tonight I am thinking back to years past when the couple of days before Thanksgiving I would end up having to work 12 hours each day at the Bakery that I work at. Oh those were rough days. Those were days when you might find me crying because I knew how much we had to do and knew that it would be hard for the size of our bakery to keep up with all of those orders -without working almost nonstop. Tonight, I am so very thankful that this year was different. This year we actually finished up all of our orders by noon today. Yesterday we worked a longer day and got half of the stuff done, and today we only had to work till noon. It was great to leave work that early. I still had groceries to get, a stop at the bank and laundry and stuff here at home to do.

When I left work, the sun was out shining so brightly. Our temperatures got up to about 68 degrees or so. It was a gorgeous day!! The warmth from the sun was good for my soul as I traveled to the grocery store.

The grocery store was not as bad as I had thought it might be. I went in with a good attitude and just patiently gathered everything on my long list.

And now at the end of the day, I am thinking of all I have to be thankful for. There are many things. And I am so thankful that my thankful list - is way longer than my list of rough, tough things in my life to deal with. God is good. We might have rough things to deal with, but if we will hold our faith in God and keep our focus on Him - He will supply our needs and bless us with peace - not like the world gives - but true, perfect peace - even in the storms of life.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
What are you Thankful for? :o)

1 comment:

  1. So happy that your work hours did not go as long as other years!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)