Thursday, November 10, 2011

Accepting Where I Am

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. Reading things that are opening my eyes to our true mission in life ..winning souls for the Kingdom of God. And while I say that, I would like to add a bit of an explanations here, I do not believe that someone has to be a missionary or even out giving Bible studies to be winning souls. I think that as we allow our Heavenly Father to live His life through us - that by our kindness and our love we will have an impact on those around us. When we surrender our lives to God - and we allow His love to penetrate our very souls - then that love will over flow to those around us.


So as I have been learning this and then as I read through the "Abiding Woman" list, I got to number 8 - "She teaches her kids to be Godly" - I was convicted. I was a young mother who thought that she was doing such a good job and I taught my children to be good. But now - that I am older and my children are grown - I realize that I fell short in this area (and to be honest in many areas) And as I was talking to God I asked- why could I have not figured all this stuff out a long time ago - and all of a sudden I heard the truth. The truth is that IF I had figured it all out back then, before I learned the importance of surrendering my heart to God - The glory would not have gone to God. I would have thought that it was all because of me. See back then I was one of those people that thought that I could be good enough and that is totally wrong thinking - because without Jesus Christ there is no good in us. Only when we allow Jesus Christ to live in us -is there any good in us - and that is only through Jesus.

So even though I wish I were further along in my knowledge of Jesus Christ and even though I am disappointed in falling short -in the past and sometimes even now- I will just trust God that I am exactly where He wants me to be. And as long as I continue to surrender my life to Him - I will be exactly where He wants me to be. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I have been blessed by your deep thoughts about our relationship with Jesus. I can so relate to wishing I had known more when my kids were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are still young, ages 3 and 5, but if I knew a few years ago what I know now...all I can do is ask Jesus to cover my sins and show help me to be the mother he wants me to be.

    ~Hilary~ I blog at www.hilarylynnmartin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories