Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sometimes it is not enough...

This week is a very busy week for me, so I have been looking through some of my old post and some of them I have been re posting. Well this is one of them. I have changed up a bit of it. I hope everyone is doing well.
**********************
"Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required." Sir Winston Churchill

Several weeks ago I had went on the Internet looking for great quotes and I had copied a page worth down. And when I read this quote I was drawn to it but did not quite understand it. Because I often just take things at face value. If someone said they did their best then that should be enough.

Today I read some one's post on Facebook and then I totally understood this quote. I think that sometimes we are in denial. We think that we have done our best and we often times try to convince those around us that we have done everything we could, but in actuality's we are only fooling ourselves because we did not do what was required. Well maybe I need to rephrase that and say that maybe we are going by the wrong standards. Are we going by the worlds standards or God's standards? I think we get into the most trouble when we lower our standards from God's standards to the worlds standards. God knows what is best and that is why He inspired the Bible to be written so we would know the very best way to live. So my desire is to continue to turn my life and my will over to the care of God because He will not steer me wrong.

***********************

."..This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left." Isaiah 30:21b

1 comment:

  1. I am finally having a day at home as well. My parents just left this morning, on their way back to Michigan after wintering in Florida. Floor vacuumed, bathrooms cleaned, and working on three loads of laundry. It feels GOOD to get caught up on those things!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking