Sunday, November 27, 2011

Catching Up A Bit

Well we were finally able to have our Thanksgiving Dinner. Since my MIL had hers on Thanksgiving and like at 3pm - kind of made it hard to have another dinner that day - and then I had to wait till everyone was off work and available. But it all turned out great. I was proud of how good the dressing turned out. My MIL gave me her recipe- but it is more like a base point - like it gives what to put in not really how much. Anyway I did alot of what she does but I also changed it up a bit to make it mine and we were very pleased with how it turned out.

I also made a pumpkin Roll for the first time. Man- I wish I had not let the recipe intimidate me for SO long. It called for a Jelly Roll pan - well I have looked and looked but could not find one. Well you DON'T have to have a special pan. I just found a pan that was the right dimensions - I think 10X15. Anyway - I was very pleased with how it turned out and think I will be making more in the future. Now I am thinking that I have seen a cool cake roll that had a strawberry filling or something like that. I will have to see what else I can find now that I know the basics to making a cake roll. My husband does not like pumpkin - so would not even try it. Disappointed me but oh well. I will keep looking for something that I think he would be more willing to eat.

Well look at this:

Looks like we actually have some fall type weather here. I love this kind of weather. It has been wonderful. The only weird thing is that my yard needs to be mowed. And it will just be weird to get out there the last week of November - or first week of December and mow -with chilly weather. But it really needs to be done.


Well I just wanted to touch base with you all. I hope that everyone had a wonderful week-end. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories