Friday, November 11, 2011

Unnecessary, but Lovingly Given

Happy 11-11-11 - what a cool date that is! And can you believe we are just two weeks away from Thanksgiving.
*********
I find myself being drawn to books that uplift Jesus Christ, and that draw me into a closer relationship with Him. I had shared with you all that I had been reading the book "Steps to Christ" well now I am reading another great book " Thoughts From The Mount Of Blessings." This book has not let me down. Such an uplifting book it has been.
Well I came across some passages that I really wanted to share with you all. It all has to do with how much God loves us and wants our characters to reflect His character. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have:

"All that was needed for existence would have been yours without the flowers and the birds, but God was not content to provide what would be suffice for mere existence. He has filled earth and air and sky with glimpses of beauty to tell you of His loving thought for you. The beauty of all created things is but a gleam from the shining of His glory. If He has lavished such infinite skill upon the things of nature, for your happiness and joy, can you doubt that He will give you every needed blessing?"

"Through the flowers, God would call our attention to the loveliness of Christlike character. He who has given such beauty to the blossoms desires far more that the soul should be clothed with the beauty of the character of Christ."

"But when the life of God, hidden therein, unfolds at His call in the rain and the sunshine, men marvel at the vision of grace and loveliness. Even so will the life of God unfold in every human soul that will yield itself to the ministry of His grace, which, free as the rain and sunshine, comes with its benediction to all. It is the word of God that creates the flowers, and the same word will produce in you the grace of His Spirit."
MB 96-97

If you would like to check out this book and read more you may click HERE . Have a wonderful day and may you remember just how much God loves you!! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh` you are enticing me! I am not done with Steps to Christ yet! Thanks for sharing. Your snippets from the book are an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision