Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week-end Wrap-Up

This morning when I woke up it was pretty warm. I was surprised at how warm it was. I had thought that it would get down to about 61 degrees. But it was no where near 61 degrees. When I got dressed - I put on a pair of capri's and a sleeveless shirt. I had looked at the forecast and it looked like it would be getting up to 80 degrees - so I thought I had picked weather appropriate clothes. I had a coupon for TSC for 10% off- I was so excited when I got the large postcard from TSC in the mail and especially when I saw the 10% off coupon. The problem was this morning when I had a chance to cut it out and look at it, I noticed that today was the last day I could use it. So I had to go get birdseed. I love to put birdseed out and my chickens love birdseed too - so it is something that I keep in a plastic bucket on my back porch. Well I had to get gas and when I checked my "Gasbuddy" app on my phone - well wouldn't you know it - I would need to drive to another town- to get gas - it was a big enough difference to drive to that town. Plus I had been really wanting pizza(my husband does not really like pizza so we rarely get it) and where I was getting gas was not too far from where we like to order our pizza from. Well from one town to the next the temperature gauge in my car went from 72(it has been closer to 77 when I got to TSC) and by the time I got to the gas station - it was down to 64 degrees. Well it was quite chilly standing outside getting gas.
So now it is about 52 degrees outside and I have made a pot of Tin Can soup (It had been called 8 Can Soup but We just changed what we call it. And have cornbread cooking right now. It is the perfect weather for a nice warm soup.
Today I also made up a healthy Chicken(fri-chik) Salad and I also made up a big bowl of "Bean Salad" . It looks like I have not posted the Chicken Salad yet. I will try to do that some time this week. I also baked up some sweet potatoes that I had bought on Friday. So I have plenty of healthy choices.

I wanted to have some healthy things cooked up so that I can have some healthy meals this week and that will make things go more smoothly. Last Friday - I had not eaten very much and I just can not handle going long periods of time with out eating. So I have some healthy, quick foods to get together for lunches and even for supper if I don't have time.

Well I hope you all are doing well and staying warm and dry. I have some ideas floating around in my head - just have not been able to take the time to sit down and get them on paper. See ya'll soon. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories