Thursday, March 31, 2011

It is in the Giving Up, that lead to Failure..Part 2

I know that the title to this post and the last one was not really the best one for the last post but the sentence really spoke to me and I wanted to get that sentence out there if nothing else. I have shared how the last 2 months or so have been a real struggle for me. I have just stayed in about a 2-4 pound range. This is good to a point because it is good practice of maintaining - which is exactly what I want to do once I lose a bit more weight. But it is frustrating when I want to lose the weight now. I was going along at such a good pace - not real fast but pretty steady and then came the Wall. Where it's like no matter what I could do - I could not penetrate that wall. Well I have hope now that this plateau is about over. I have looked at what I have been eating and I realized I had gotten a little lazy on making a good pot of something - like the Black Bean with Corn Chili, Bean Salad, or Thai Style Curry or Coconut Curry with Greens in order to help me feel satisfied. It is really important to have some great recipes of healthy things that taste great - and when you have good, filling foods - you are more satisfied and you eat less of other stuff that is not as good for you. So I will be making sure that I make at least one of these each week to eat on during that week. And I also think that it is important to keep track of what you are eating - maybe not all of the time but at least for a few days and then if you are being successful at losing weight than you can just keep making the good choices but once you hit a wall - you can go back and look at what you were eating and compare to what you are eating now and see what you might need to do to get back on board with losing weight. So back to the title - Don't give up - even if you are not losing weight as fast as you would like - don't give up. Every time in the past - I would work hard at losing weight and then I would come up to where I could not lose weight any more and I would fall off of the wagon and instead of just working at maintaining - I would give up and give in - only to gain my weight back. And the whole idea of losing weight is to lose it and then to keep it off. They say that losing weight and gaining it back and being on that vicious cycle is not good for your body. Anyway we need to keep at it - give our bodies time to adjust to the weight that we have reached - then when it is ready it will release more weight. Just do not give up. I have typed up the word of the title "It is in the Giving Up, that leads to Failure" and printed it up - then I cut it down and have taped it above my computer so that I can be reminded of it as many times as I need to be. Losing weight is not a destination - it is a journey that will last the rest of my life. I do not plan on working towards losing weight the rest of my life but I would like to get to onederland- as many people call it and then work at maintaining it the rest of my life. So basically I would like to lose about 31 more pounds. It may take me the next 6 months to a year to lose that weight but it is doable. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories