Friday, March 11, 2011

Lesson from a Bird

I have a window in my bathroom. I love it. It is so convenient because as I stand at my sink to get ready when I look at my mirror, I can easily look outside. This morning as I was getting ready the prettiest bird I have seen in a long time landed on the fence right outside my bathroom window. As it sat there in the sunshine - I noticed the beautiful shade of blue on him. How I longed to turn around and try to get a closer look, but I knew that the movement of me turning would scare him away. Then the little bird hopped to a spot on the fence that did not have the sunlight shining down on it. As the bird sat there in the shade, the beauty did not shine as brightly and all of a sudden I realized that the bird had been sent to teach me a lesson. I was reminded that when we are in the light of the Son our beauty - our true beauty shines through. I was reminded that when we get away from the Son - our beauty fades. Because true beauty isn't really able to be captured in photos -no our true beauty is on the inside.
I think it is so cool how God uses nature in order to teach us lessons that we may not get any other way. Be sure to take notice of the nature around you - what does it tell you of God's Glory?! :o)

*Not actually the bird but a photo close - but you would have to imagine bright sunlight shining on the blue and much closer! :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking