Monday, March 14, 2011

Being Ready for that Day

On my way home from church this week-end - I came upon an accident scene. At a major intersection near our home there had been a wreck - probably just a few minutes before I got there. Someone was standing out in the road directing traffic. As I waited for my turn to make my turn to go home, I saw a man laying on the road with about 6-8 people standing around him. He did not move. I noticed that he had been on a motorcycle and that there had been another car involved. With the way the car and motorcycle were - I could not figure out how the wreck happened.

When I got home -I posted on Facebook for my friends to be praying about it. Many times when you see that a motorcycle has been in an accident - it is very serious for the person on the motorcycle. I think I am more concerned now about motorcycle riders now that my husband owns a motorcycle and my husband and my son both have ridden them.

Not too long after I posted my request - we heard Careflite flying overhead. It is a good thing that there is a good sized field right there next to the intersection. The traffic was backed up for a while.

We later found out that he passed away. How sad. The family and friends of this young man( I think he was 33) are in my thoughts and prayers. We are not promised tomorrow - we need to make sure that we are right with God. Are our priorities in line like they should be? These are all things that this accident has made me think of. Our relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important thing - and when it is put at the top of the priority list - we need not fear death. Because the very next thing that we will know is Jesus will raise us from the dead when he comes again for His children. I want to be a part of the group that are resurrected on that day(unless He comes before I die.) Don't you? :o)

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories