Monday, March 28, 2011

Quilting Corner

Well this week-end we did not accomplished even half of what I really wanted to get done, but instead of dwelling on that, I will choose to focus on what I was able to finish. A quilt top. I was able finish up my 30's quilt. It worked out so well. I had cut the solid blue fabric out for the binding and then when I was going to sew the border on - I got one side(of course the long side) of the floral fabric sewn on and realized that I needed something in there to separate the floral squares with the border - so I decided to use my binding fabric to be my first border. Then sewed my floral fabric on. It felt good to get this project done. Today after work, I will go to my Quilt Shop and get some fabric for a backing. I also need to see if I will have enough binding fabric since I used it as my 1st border. If I don't have enough - I will have to get some of that. And I also need to get some fabric for my sons Red,black and white "Turning Twenties" border - and binding and backing. Lots of fabric to get today. But I am so thrilled to be finishing some projects because I have a very special project in mind that I really want to get started on but I need to get a few of my projects on my unfinished projects done before I start a new project. You did notice I said get a couple of them marked off my unfinished projects list - I have a few more projects that I need to work on but they are not priority right now so I will work on what I think is a priority now. I hope that you all have a great week. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories