Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jesus - Carries us Through

I have 4 indoor cats. Two of them do not get along. Tiggy which is the biggest and a few years older than Stewie.(black kitty in 2nd photo)




The black one is Stewie. He is about half the size of Tiggy. For some reason they do not like each other.

My husband has to leave at 5am - When my husband leaves for work - I feed my cats their canned food - breakfast.


So this morning I fed the kitties, like usual. Then after they were done - Stewie was wanting to go back to my son's room(where he sleeps at night.) Well big Tiggy was standing in the way. I tried to stand between them and let Stewie know that I would protect him as he went by but he stayed still. I then decided to pick him up and take him past - the danger. As I picked him up - I realized that this is something that often happens for me. There are times in my life when I just don't seem to be able to make progress in an area in my life and when I allow God to carry me(turning my will over to Him) then he is able to help me to be successful. God is there and is willing to help us, we just have to be willing to ask for help.

Recently I have shared how I have had a struggle with losing weight. In the past, when I would hit a plateau - I would give up. But I am learning that during these times I need to hold on tighter to God and turn the problem over to Him and then trust Him. It does not always mean that things change instantly- sometimes they do,but sometimes you have to just have faith and wait on the Lord. :o) (photo borrowed from Jesus Photos)

1 comment:

  1. I love the lesson you learned from your kitties--about how Jesus picks us up and carries us past the danger in the same way. I am going to have to remember that lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories