Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Walking Trail

I went on a walk today at a nearby park. This is my favorite place to walk. There is a nice walking track - kind of a figure eight shaped. This first photo is the ending of the first round and then you go across a bridge and I normally turn to the right and walk up the hill. Oh and if you will look at the top left of this photo you can see where the track comes down the hill when you are on the upper circle and if you look really close you can see it going to the big tree which is covering up where the bridge is that connects the two circles.

This is about halfway up the hill, probably a bit more. I like that there are nice shade trees a few places along the track. And benches along the way as well. I have seen some elderly come to the park and they walk from bench to bench- resting a bit before moving on to the next bench. I am so impressed that they are out and know that it will do them a lot of good.

This is up on the upper circle after I came down a bit. I couldn't get the photo at the top of the hill because there was someone else walking there.

Now we are back down on the lower track. I did not get a good photo of how it goes but this at least gives you an idea of what the track is like. The upper part is about 1/2 mile and the lower track is 1/3 mile. By adding exercise, I am able to see quicker results- may not always be pounds lost- sometimes it is inches. And I really don't care what the scales say in the long run if I am feeling better about myself. And that is another things that is so great about exercise- you get fresh air and sunshine - both of which are so very good for you. And it releases endorphins- I think is what they are called and that helps with your mental out look. That is only to name a few of the positive result from exercise.
The sun was shining brightly and it felt so good. The wind was blowing a nice breeze. The temperatures were in the lower 80's. I love days like that. You know when the windows are open and fresh air is blowing through. I think we are different than some other people cause there are people I know that have already began to use their A/C's some off and on. We have not turned it on yet - even though the temps have gotten up to about 80 in the house. I leave the windows open at night and hope that it will be cool enough to cool the house own - then it does not get as bad in the late afternoons when it gets so warm.
After I got home from my enjoyable walk - I took a quilt out to the line to dry. And of course my chickens wanted me to throw them so feed. So I tried to get a photo of as many of them as I could. Have I told you guys lately how much I love my chickens?!
Now I need to get supper going for my family. :O)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a nice place to walk! So glad they made it--even if it WAS right around the time we were leaving! I think the city should plant shade trees bordering the whole walking path, though. With the heat in the summer, it could really help!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)