Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gardening/Quilting...Just a few of the Hobbies that I Enjoy

Well I just ordered what looks like a very informative book - The Encyclopedia of Country Living
by Carla Emery. Sorry for such a tiny photo- I borrowed it from the Amazon page and did not realize it would be so small. So I set up a link so you can check out the book. It is 922 pages long and has all sorts of cool information in it! And I was able to get it for half of the price that was in the seed catalog that I actually found out about it from. These seed catalogs are very informative! I am looking through the Territorial Seed Company. I am trying to decide what we will want to get. We are just now getting into the Heirloom or Open Pollinated seeds. And so the varieties that we are used to getting - are probably the hybrid seeds so we have to pick new things to go with. I am also been trying to decide what herbs I would like to grow. And trying to decide if our flower bed would be a good enough place for the herbs - is there enough sunshine for them? I don't know. I guess this is a try it and see situation. And it is interesting because I have found out that there are some herbs that are annuals, biennial, and perennial.

Well tomorrow morning is my Block of the Month meeting. Here is the block that I just finished last night. This is the first month that I did not finish both blocks. That has a lot to do with us having to postpone our February meeting a week because of the bad weather.
I loved the color of the block and I was pleased with how well it went together!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories