Monday, March 7, 2011

Plateau's~ Can they be helpful?

This past week or two have been tough in the weight loss area. I have really struggled. And my weight fluctuated about 4 pounds. And I actually left the month of February the same weight that I had entered it - had lost and then gained it back. But I have not given up. I am thankful to be losing again- I am still about a pound and a half or so from where I had been at the lowest point last month. I guess each of these battles that we get through just help strengthen us for the long haul. Vigilance is what is needed to not only lose weight, but to keep it off and we are in training right now to not only be able to lose the weight, but to keep it off. And if we can successfully get through the plateau's and get back on board without too much ground lost - then when we get to the maintenance part of this - we will know exactly what to do. So really the plateau's can be very useful and helpful! It is a good way to think about it, isn't it?

"Long range goals keep you from being frustrated by short term failures." J.C. Penney, Retailer ; )

1 comment:

  1. YES! Very good way to look at it. Besides that, if you can only maintain your weight loss, you are still helping your body/appetite/etc. to adjust to that new weight--therefore making it more unlikely that you will gain that amount of weight back again. :) Helping your body to now think that this weight is it's "normal", not your starting weight. And the weight loss will still continue, in small but steady steps.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories