Sunday, July 14, 2019

Like A Ripple in the Ocean...

Like a ripple in the ocean, other people's behaviors affect us. Sometimes in positive ways and sometimes their actions hurt us. One thing is for sure we can not control how others act. We can't control their actions or choices. Oh....we may try and sometimes we may even be successful but the only one we truly can control is ourselves. And the sad truth is that even then we struggle. Sometimes it's hard to even control ourselves.

Recently I have been struggling with the choices of some loved ones. Their choices have hurt me to the very core, but I don't have the power to change the situation. Oh I have tried but to no avail.

I have struggled with that sad, sick feeling and I know it can't be good for my health, so I have turned to God even more. Asking Him to help me process this pain and help me to let go of it. I want Him to help me to put my trust in Him and that He will work all things, even this, for my good. But God's timing is not my timing. I would like to have everything settled and working smoothly - the way I would like it also, but God's timing tells me to have patience. It tells me to keep my eyes on Him. Allow Him to minister to my heart and to calm my anxious soul. I'm learning to depend on Him more and more. I am learning to turn to Him each time the pain arises. He will sustain me. I can count on Him. I may not be able to control the decisions of others- but I can put my hope in God. I can put my faith in Him to sustain me and I can count on His peace to calm my soul. And in all of this, I can be thankful and praise His holy name for His unconditional love and acceptance, faithfulness, for His forgiveness and that He is full of mercy. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes are greatest struggles are about learning to trust God when it is tough.

    I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. I know it can be difficult to love some people, or even harder to be hurt by those you love.

    I will say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!