Monday, July 29, 2019

With My Own Eyes

There are many, many health studies that have been done that prove this point or that. Today I want to tell you about a bit of a different health study. This one is one I saw with my own eyes. And the results speak volumes about the choices made.

I have seen with my own eyes what just a few different choices can make in someones health. I know a set of twins that are 77 years old. One boy, one girl.

The boy smoked for a few years and then quit. He has stayed very active throughout his life.

The girl- smoked for about 56 years- quit when they found lung cancer. For a few years she was active. Then later working at a donut shop kept her a bit active but when she sold her store she no longer was very active. It was after she sold the store that the lung cancer was found. She was lucky - surgery to remove the lower lobe of the lung was all the treatment that was needed. The she had a heart attack and later had some blood clots- leading to having to be on blood thinners the rest of her life..

As I watch these two age I am able to see clearly the difference just a few difference choices can make. It's never too late to make the healthy choices.

And as Paul Harvey used to say ~ And here is the rest of the story!

The boy? He is still pretty active. He has had to have a surgery or two on his shoulder and has had some skin cancers removed(runs in the family) but over all he is in pretty good health.

The girl? Well recently she has ruptured a disk or two in her back and is in quite a bit of pain. She was recently told that she will probably be wheelchair or walker dependent the rest of her life.

Lesson we can learn? We need to make the choices that will give us the best chances at good health- not only for the present but also for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)