Monday, July 22, 2019

A Few Tips To Be Better Prepared

Today I wanted to share some thoughts I have with you all based on some recent events in my life.
Several weeks ago I took my Mother in law to the ER. She was put in the hospital and then transferred to a rehab. center and is there now. I have been the one responsible for keeping her in clean clothes. When I took her to the ER we had no idea that she would be gone for several weeks so of course she hadn't packed a bag of clothes. This meant that I had to go to her house to gather up clothes. There were some clothes hanging on hooks in the laundry room, some laying over a rocking chair in her room, hanging on a shoe rack on her closet door and some hanging in the closet. She had said that some of the things did not fit her. This made it more challenging for me to get her clothes. Some of her clothes were clothes she wore at home - holey, stained. And some were in better shape to wear in public. The challenge was to figure out what was what and get clothes that she could wear and were in decent enough shape to take to her. This is one great example of why we need to have our clothes organized.

We need to have clothes in our closet that fit us. If the clothes don't fit - move them to the back corners of the closet or better yet - pack them in boxes or totes and label them. You will want to go through them periodically to see if they fit and if you can add them to the closet.

When I was looking for clothes for her to wear I was told about dirty clothes were in a laundry hamper and in a laundry basket. So here again - to make it easier for someone who may be coming in to take care of things - maybe pick one place for your dirty clothes. I actually have two laundry hamper in front of one side of my closet. One hamper is darks and one is for my light colored laundry. It is easier to see when I need to do a load of laundry. And it would be super easy if my husband or someone else had to do laundry.

Another thing that I would suggest is to have at least a couple of outfits that are lose and comfortable. For me this would be my exercise outfits. That I now keep together. If you are put in the hospital - you will probably want comfortable clothes. And if you already have a couple of outfits together you can easily tell someone where those clothes are. I keep my sets together so I can be ready to get dressed to work out- but it is a great way to be organized.

Anyway these are just a few of my thoughts on how you can be a bit more organized and make it easier on someone who may be having to come in and get clothes for you or need to do the laundry.
This will save someone a lot of extra unnecessary stress. It took me several trips to her house.  How can you be more organized to make it easier - just in case....

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*

2 comments:

  1. I'll say a prayer for you and your MIL. God is with you and loves you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. It is a stressful time right now- just the not knowing what the future holds. God bless you :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!