Thursday, July 25, 2019

How to See Ourselves Accurately

I have shared in the past how we had a couple that were in 12 step programs and they provided a great group at our church for many years. I finally went and was so glad that I went. One thing that was said that I did not quite get was - sometimes what bothers us the most about other people really says a lot about us. Many times those exact things are things we are guilty of. I didn't quite believe this. Since then I have had personal experience with this type thing. I hate that it took me so long to figure this out. Because as long as we are in denial - we can not change. We need to admit we have a problem in order to let it go. In order to let God step in and transform us.


9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?  Jeremiah 17:9

"How to See Ourselves Accurately. No man can of himself understand his errors...In one way only can a true knowledge of self be obtained. We must behold Christ....When we contemplate His purity and excellence, we shall see our own weakness and poverty and defects as they really are. We shall see ourselves lost and hopeless...We shall see that if we are ever saved, it will not be through our own goodness, but through God's infinite grace." COL159



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!