Thursday, July 18, 2019

A New Look At Psalm 23

Today I wanted to share Psalm 23rd with you. This is how the verse is in my NET Bible. I also want to share a couple of little notes that are given in the NET Bible so you can have a glimpse of why I love this Bible. 

23 A psalm of David.
The Lord is my shepherd,
lack nothing.
2 He takes me to lush pastures,
he leads me to refreshing water.
3 He restores my strength.
He leads me down the right paths
*"The psalmist is confident that God takes him down paths that will ultimately lead to something beneficial, not destructive." 
for the sake of his reputation.
*"The underlying reality is a profound theological truth: God must look out for the best interest of the one he has promised to protect, because if he failys to do so, his faithfulness could legitimately be called into question and his reputation damaged."
4 Even when I must walk through the darkest valley,
*"The life-threatening situations faced by the psalmist are the underlying reality behind the imagery." 
fear no danger,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff reassure me.
*"Comfort, console.. But here, within the metaphorical framework, it refers to the way in which the shepherd uses his implements to assure the sheep of his presence and calm their nerves. The underlying reality is the emotional stability God provides the psalmist during life threatening situations." 
5 You prepare a feast before me
in plain sight of my enemies.
*"The reality behind the imagery is the Lords' favor. Through his blessings and protection he demonstrates to everyone, including dangerous enemies, that the psalmist has a special relationship with him." 
You refresh my head with oil;
my cup is completely full.
6 Surely your goodness and faithfulness will pursue me all my days,
and I will live in the Lord’s house for the rest of my life. 
There are many other notes and I may later do another post on Psalm 23 to share some of the others but for now be blessed with these and if you would like you can click HERE to check out the other notes of Psalm 23 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Pslam! Oh, and it is interesting to see this translation of it! I have to ask one of my friends about this version

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)