Monday, July 1, 2019

Holding My Plans Loosely.

July's are very busy for me, I have shared many times about this awesome month that my son has his daughter which means I take care of her while he works. It makes for long days since I have to be at his house by 6:45am and then by the time he gets home it's about a 10 plus hour day since he has about a 45min - 1 hour commute each way. I usually fix dinner for everyone as well. So you can probably understand that the last week of June- I had a very long list of things to do and accomplish before I started taking care of Sweetpea.

Wouldn't you know it on June 23rd not only did my riding lawn mower go out(steering column) but also my washing machine. We have had the washer and dryer for 13 years now and they are very nice so we wanted to try to fix it. First a belt was ordered. The belt had been loose and needed to be replaced but that did not fix the problem. After further investigation my husband found the issues and ordered the part needed. Several days later the part came in-broken. So it will take several days for the another one to get here- meaning I will have gone 1 1/2 week without a washer. That is very hard for me because I like to do laundry 2x's a week. I like to keep it done up. I don't like overflowing laundry hampers.

The last week of June also found me spending a lot of time at medical facilities. Our youngest son's girlfriend ended up with a severe case of sepsis and spent a week in the hospital. And then within just a few days of July my mother in law hurt herself somehow and I needed to take her to the ER - spent over 6 hours there before my husband came and relieved me. She was admitted and they have been running tests and trying to get her pain under control- she hurts so bad that she can not put weigh on her right leg. So of course can't go home till they can figure that out and get her moving again. 

My whole Sunday routine was turned upside down when I needed to go sit with my son's girlfriend and help her with her kids all day on Sunday. I was a bit frustrated by the end of the day just because alot of the things I wanted to get done before July still sat there waiting on my list. Life just has a way of throwing a wrench into your plans. And with all of this I was reminded to hold my plans loosely.

Life is full of surprises, some good, some not so good. Some things you enjoy doing some things you would rather not deal with but you just have to go with the flow and trust that it will all get done eventually.

I do have this one last day before I start taking care of Sweetpea. Wish me luck to get a lot of the things on my to do list accomplished. I have big plans for today and at this point will be thankful to get what ever I can get crossed off of my to do list. Ya'll have a great day! :O)

*Part for washer is suppose to get here Tuesday - praying it works and that I can get laundry taken care of.

2 comments:

  1. I will say a prayer for you tonight. Sounds like a rough month, I hope you have calmer waters ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)