Monday, September 17, 2018

Ways To Save...series

My very good friend Susan over at Susan's Spot has been sharing how she has been saving money in her series Frugal Fridays. Click on link to check out her blog.

Out of necessity, I have begun to work a little harder at finding ways to save money as well. So a bit of a back story to begin with. The addition of several large hospital bills and some other unexpected bills, our electric bill and water bill  being much higher in the summer, and the fact that our vehicle tags and inspections come due in June, July, and Aug, it has really caused our budget to get very tight. So because of this and my friends blog posts and her suggestion to start writing down what you are doing to save money - I began to get more serious about saving money. I will not be doing a every week post on all the ways I saved money but what I will be doing is begin to share with you weekly - if I can, some of the things I am doing to save money.

So today I want to share something that I discovered that in the long run will help me save a good amount of money.

I love to use coconut oil - especially when I make popcorn! I have tried a few different brands and found that I love the flavor of Nutiva brand Coconut Oil the best. I was buying a 29 ounce jar of it at a local Nutrition store for $17.99. Because I was trying to find ways to save money I decided to check out Amazon to see if they had this coconut oil and come to find out I found a 54 ounce jar of it for just $2.00 more! So almost double the product for only 2.00 more! I kept my smaller jar and when the new, large jar arrived - I poured coconut oil into my small jar(it was very warm outside when it was delivered so it had melted). And I still have 1 more time that I can fill up my smaller jar. That is a very good savings for sure!!

29 ounce jar - for $17.99 - I was paying 62 cents an ounce
54 ounce jar - for $19.99- I only paid 37 cent an ounce

What a savings!!

I have compared other things with the prices on Amazon and it is not always cheaper. You have to do your home work. Know your prices. If you have Amazon Prime and you find the price cheaper on Amazon - it is certainly worth ordering the product. I am happy I looked up my  Coconut oil - and I am happy that I found such a great deal! This will be my new source for Coconut oil - unless the price goes up.

So be sure and compare prices. And be vigilant - keep up with pricing and compare - the next time you need something it might be cheaper to go a different direction. You never know till you check it out.

4 comments:

  1. What an excellent savings! So glad you discovered this price difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Thank you for inspiring me to be on the look out for what I can do around here to save money. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Lisa you have got to watch all 3 back to back.. Walmart has the set for like 20$

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so cool!! Thanks for letting me know! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)