Sunday, September 9, 2018

Domino Effect

There seems to be a domino effect going on in my life. As I have allow God to lead me to another church(and Sabbath School) I have noticed that He is working on growing me in many areas of my life. After a couple of weeks there were some classes offered and I decided to go to the tatting class. It is challenging for me to learn things sometimes. I have tried several times to learn to crochet in the past and couldn't make it past a chain stitch. It was very disappointing indeed. So it has been so encouraging for me to slowly be picking up this whole tatting ability. I have made mistakes and had to start completely over and then I was about halfway done with the project for the second time when somehow a little knot got into my string - and I quickly became aware that because I did not take care of it before I worked more in my project - I was stuck - that little knot- tiny little knot prevented the string to be pulled through and stopped my progress in its tracks. I am on my third try with this project and am working through this and that little mistake. As I do I realize that in order to learn we will make mistakes. Each of these mistakes has taught me important lessons.

The Summer classes ended and a whole new set of classes - small groups are fixing to start. As I said last week or so that I signed up for 4 classes.

Click on them to learn more about each book if you are interested. The Bible By Design is a series that shows how the Bible works together- we are going to create binders to help us understand it better. Sounds interesting. In fact, all of these sound interesting.

It is funny how things have progressed - Going to a new church, taking the tatting class has lead me to more of a desire to learn. It has widen my horizons when it comes to books as well. I actually have 3 going right now. "I shall not want," one on learning better people skills, and one that is designed to help me to accept myself better. I feel that God has led me to all of these books and classes and that He is pressing me to grow even more. As we saw in the Bible verse in Philippians "6Being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" That God will work on us until the day of Jesus Christ. Continue to allow Him to work in your life. You may be surprised at the domino effect that you see!

1 comment:

  1. The classes ALL look nteresting to me, it Inespecially wish I could take the Bible by Design class with you! Please share what you learn!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)