Monday, September 10, 2018

Patience Needed for Both

I love making my own bread. I have bought some of the higher dollar "healthy" breads they don't have anything on the bread I make. No temptation to spend the money on that bread any more.

This summer I have found out that in order not to be baking my bread during the heat of the day - if after my quiet time I start my bread then it can be rising while I exercise and shower and then I can get it baking and finished before 10am usually.

One of the best reasons why this schedule works for the bread is because I am not rushing the bread. Sadly I have found myself rushing the breads rising time when I have other things to do or errands that I need to run. So my new schedule at least my summer schedule has allowed me to be more patient with my bread.

Patience is needed when making bread. Another area in which patience is needed is in our Christian walk. We want to hurry up and produce the fruit of the Spirit, but it doesn't come all at once. We do not all of a sudden arrive and perfection. It is a process that takes time, just like it takes time for my bread to rise.

Rushing the bread does not result in a good loaf of bread and neither does it benefit the Christian to rush towards Christlikeness. Now I am not saying to just mosey along at a snail pace. What I am saying it to be patient with yourself when you fail. We need to allow God to work with us and mold us just as the dough allows the baker to mold it. God knows just what is needed to perfect our characters - we need to trust Him and the process and be patient.

6Being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Philippians 1:6
 



14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart:

 wait, I say, on the LORD.


 Psalm 27:14

 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Lisa, LOL are you drying out? we had about 4 inches in 2 days over here...
    Hey going to the wax museum this weekend, wanna meet up? I told Jacob that your still blogging, he said cool... Oh I needed that much needed break rofl..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops my follower button is not showing rofl...

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)