Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Healthy Tidbits ~ Osteoporosis 2

Eat Beans or Legumes at least 5 times a week and you will cut your risk of fractures in half!!

If you want to increase your life span - eat beans.

These were a few things that were shared at one of the seminars- this information was attained from Dr Joel Fuhrman's book - Eat To Live


Here is a list that he suggests eating at least every day:
  •  a large salad
  • 1/2 c. beans/lentils
  • 3 fresh fruits
  • 1 oz of raw nuts or seeds
  • 1 double size serving of steamed greens
You will experience better health if you work towards having a plant based diet and trying to make sure you eat at least this list. There may have been other things he said but this is the basic list that was shared with me. Read the book if you want to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew eating beans could help avoid fractures! I actually have that book—but it is still in my “to read” stack! Need to fix nigh up some other books so I can start this one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)