Sunday, September 23, 2018

My Best Deal ....series quilting ruler

I have found some pretty cool deals lately and if I can get them typed up and put together, I should have a post every Sunday for at least the next several weeks.

You never know what you will find at thrift stores. You just have to look around and evaluate if this or that would be a good deal or not. Sometimes you will find that something may be a good deal in theory but it really doesn't end up being that great of a deal.

Today I want to share with you about something I found last Sunday at my favorite little thrift store. Apparently a crafter and someone who tried their hand at quilting had donated a lot of their stuff. I got 2 zippers for 10 cents a piece. These are for a project that I have made in the past and already have some fabric cut out to make more. That was an awesome deal, yes! But that is not the highlights deal I wanted to share with you today.

I found a brand new looking Omnigrid 6x24 quilting ruler! Priced at $1.00!! I looked up on-line and found some on Walmart website for $23.21. And Joann's had a better price at $14.99- this was an on-line deal only- regularly $24.99 So the one dollar I paid made this my best deal!!!

It is very hard to get a good photo of these rulers since they are see through so I am borrowing the photo that Joann's Fabrics store had online.  Now they say they are none

I have shared this little tip before - but if you are a quilter or use this type of ruler or other plastic rulers - I highly recommend you to use sand paper dots. You put the dots on the underneath side of your rulers to help hold them in place so they do not slide around.
Here is a link to where I got the photo- I am sharing this one because this is the brand I have used.
There are other brands and I am sure they all work well.

1 comment:

  1. I have several quilting rulers, and love them all! And you are right—they are all SUPER expensive, so you got a fantastic deal!!!! So glad you got it! A little gift from God, just to say “I love you!”

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)