Friday, September 28, 2018

New Insight into Psalm 23...series

"In Isaiah 43:1-3 the Lord in speaking to His own says: "I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the water, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flam kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD they God, the Holy One of Israel, they Saviour; I gave Egypt for they ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee."
These verses do not promise immunity from sorrow. They do not guarantee that the floods and fires of sorrow and affliction will not come; but they do guarantee that when they come, the Shepherd will go through them with us and will see to it that the floods do not overflow and that the flames do not kindle upon us. He proved that He was as good as His word in Noah's day and in the day of the three Hebrew children. He is still proving every hour of every day that He is as good as His word."
~page 79

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)