Thursday, September 5, 2013

What a Promise...AND a Tool


He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, But he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.
Proverbs 28:25 NKJV

But I really like this verse in the English Standard Version:

A greedy man stirs up strife, but the one who trusts in the LORD will be enriched.
Proverbs 28:25 ESV

See what I mean?

I have shared before about a great website that I like to use to get Bible verses and do a little in depth study- but today I found something else that is just fabulous and I can see myself using it more and more in the future.

Here is a link to the site - Bible Study Tools.  Today I noticed where it says "Compare Translations" in blue - when I clicked into it - I found a great resource. Sometimes it is good to see what other translations have to say- sometimes it helps us get a better understanding of what the verse means.

For this verse - I much prefer the word enriched - because I think that too often people look at the word prospered and see $ money signs $. And that is not what the verse is saying.

God enriches our lives in so many ways. Trust in Him is what we are called to do - and He blesses us in the way He sees fit, sometimes it may be with money but many times it is with things of so much more value!! Praise God for that! :O)

3 comments:

  1. YES! It's so easy to see the dollar signs when it feels like the needs are larger than the budget. But God always provides, money or not, and so many times in ways we would never have dreamed of. I like the word "enriched" too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust...
    Prov 3:5-6
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding;
    6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct your paths.
    NKJV

    Love to you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity