Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Treasure Found...It's Been a While

It has been a long time since I have found a treasure while shopping at thrift stores, but today I got lucky!!
I went to a favorite thrift shop in a little town near my house and guess what I found?!
A Corelle Platter!!!
It is called Old Town Blue pattern.
And it only cost me a dollar! Yep- just $1.00!
 
About 14 years ago or so my husband bought me 2 sets of Corelle Blue Heart dishes. I love them. He also got me the platter that went with the set, not too much longer after getting me the dishes. That began my love for these platters.

 My Mother in law had a few platters- plastic ones, not cheap plastic - I mean the stuff that like plates were made of (which by the way- I love too). Maybe they still do but who knows.

And I know you have all seen this one- I got it not too long ago- I am thinking I paid $2.00 for it. I tried to go back and find the post about it but could not - at least not in the last year or so. So it has been a while since I have found a platter.

Anyway - this one is called Indian Summer. I have it placed in the middle between my two blue and white platters. The colors are very fall like so I will be using this platter the next couple of months.

Can't wait till I find another Corelle platter!

I think I posted this link last time but I think it is so cool - I wanted you to be able to check it out too! It is a link to the discontinued patterns that Corelle has. Enjoy!

(these photo's have been borrowed from postings on the Internet- my camera is not taking good photos right now, sorry)

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories